Japan is an island in East Asia. It is located in the North Pacific Ocean. Japan has four main islands; Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, and Shikoku, plus there are many smaller islands. The total area of Japan is 145,884 square miles. The four main islands make up about 95 percent of Japans territory. The remaining 5 percent is the more than 3,000 smaller islands. The main islands stretch about 1,200 miles and span 900 miles from east to west.
Japan is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary government. A constitutional monarchy is a system of government in which a monarch is guided by a constitution where the rights, duties, and responsibilities are spelled out in written law or by custom. A parliamentary government is a government is a government in which the members of an executive branch are nominated to their positions by a legislature or parliament.
Japan is one of the world’s leading economic powers when concentrating on its Gross Domestic Product of four point two trillion United States dollars. Its economy is only second to the United States in terms of production. However, Japan has not always contained a relatively strong economy. The Japanese’s economic strategies have boosted economy to new heights since its fall during the Second World War because of their unorthodox manner of business etiquette, innovative strategy, and strong relations with stable economies such as Canada and the United States. The rise to the top did not occur without a large struggle as many problems did occur after the Second World War left Japan economically devastated. Japan’s journey has left them at the present with recession conditions. Following World War Two, Japan’s economy was absolutely devastated. From 1937 to its defeat in 1945 Japan poured all of its strength into the war. The industrial sector was diverted into a swollen military production sector. The strongest and swiftest workers were placed in the military, and quite often s…

Post Author: admin


I'm Irvin!

Would you like to get a custom essay? How about receiving a customized one?

Check it out