Feelings of fear, anguish, excitement, and shock all rushed through my body like a steam train as I received my work experience reply slip in afternoon registration the previous Monday. I looked through it casting me eyes on every single detail like a hawk hunting its prey, making sure that I didn’t miss anything, that would be of great importance to me at a later date. I didn’t know what to feel I knew that it would be a big important step that would come with a lot of responsibility, that to be honest was quite welcomed.

I went home that night and thought how exactly I would go about preparing for my step into the “real world”. I spoke to my parents about the subject that night and they gave me the usual parental lecture I had heard many times before. They told me to act calm, be myself, be polite, and most importantly be respectful. I took all of this on board, frantically trying to remember the words of wisdom they had just gave me. The day was nearing rapidly only four days left. I felt that I only had a small section of clothes tat would be suit the typical stereotype of a shirt and tie, to last me for the week.

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!

order now

The next thing I know I’m in Hinckley trying on as many suitable non-clashing, shirts and ties that we cold possibly find. What was going wrong? I actually felt and looked smart for once (I feel I’m generally quite smart, but have been told otherwise, may times) The morning came as fast as lightning which came as quite a shock. I stumbled into the shower in a grave attempt to wake myself up, which seemed to fail unfortunately. I went downstairs only to be greeted by a big flash, which to my surprise was my mum with a camera.

This according to her was a photo to signify my independence. I was still trying to get over the fact that I would have to work for eight hours a day. I arrived 15 minutes early to ensure that I wouldn’t be late, the doors opened at 8. 45 which left me standing there quite along time. Eventually I recognised the face of the lady that would be looking after me for a week. We had already met previously when I went to find out more about the company last week. At this time I was incredibly nervous, and was only able to manage basic conversational skills and that was it.

We walked in and I was amazed as the soft aroma of coffee hit me as I stepped through the double doors. It was almost as if they could sense my embarrassment, and fear as I was introduced to the 12 people in the sales department, which is where I would be working for the next week. I was taken to my new desk, which consisted of a computer, a very comfortable chair, a stapler, a hole punch, lots of pens, a post tray and many other little gadgets that caught my eye. As walking through my new workplace, I was quick to recognise, the nice very friendly working environment, and attitude of the workers employed there.

I was given a grand introduction, which sounded something like this “Good morning, welcome to the IRPC we are a health and safety organisation, that represent companies in need of our service which is to keep the company up to standard for a whole year on health and safety aspects” (very impressive I must add) I was then told exactly what I would e doing over the next week, which to me sounded splendid the range included; sorting post, sending emails, taking phone calls, making reports, ambulance training travelling to meet possible business etc..

All of these jobs required quite a lot of skill, which was easily acquired within a couple of days. I was coming to the end of my first day which I was quite pleased about, I felt that the time had dragged a bit but I was soon assured that it would go a lot quicker and I would be moving onto better jobs. The week seemed to move very quickly and before I knew it, it was very nearly the end of the week, in the time I had travelled to Birmingham to meet a business man and had to give him some training on the computer, I also had since re-designed a major report for the manager of the company.

The experience for me had been brilliant, with mostly highs throughout the whole week. There are two things that amazed me about my experience. Firstly was the coffee machine, now this was the most technical, good looking machine I have ever seen, it had an incredible selection and the bet things was any drink was only 5p ( wow ). So about 3-4 times a day I would make a trip to the coffee machine for a No. 51 (a cappuccino with extra milk) brilliant just brilliant. Secondly I was amazed by the hard working, laid back atmosphere that the company produced and how each and every one of them made my stay very enjoyable.

Post Author: admin


I'm Irvin!

Would you like to get a custom essay? How about receiving a customized one?

Check it out